Hello! I’m Deborah Chalk, and I’m an experienced Martha Beck Certified Wayfinder Life Coach, trained and experienced career coach, qualified teacher and a writer. I live in Oxfordshire in England with my lovely husband, amazing daughter and lovely rescue pupster.
I’m a Martha Beck Certified Wayfinder Life Coach.
My clients are kind, thoughtful people who want to make a difference in the world. Often they are sensitive or introverted business owners, creatives or students. They’re reliable and dependable people, who are often multi-passionate. They sometimes doubt themselves or forget to care for themselves as well as they could.
They sometimes compare themselves with others and that makes them doubt their ability to achieve their big dreams and holds them back from creating and then sharing their message and their work.
I help them to find and follow their purpose. I help them to stop telling the stories of why they can’t live the life that they want to live and help them to focus on the reasons why they can.
Martha Beck Certified Wayfinder Life Coach
Certificate in Life Coaching (National College of Further Education, UK)
M.A. (Hons) English and Philosophy
B.A. (Hons) in Creative Writing and Art History
Postgraduate Certificate in Education
Qualified Teacher status
Trained career coach
Trained two cohorts of career coaches.
Collaborated with Soho House in two workshops – ‘Writing Confidence’ and ‘Networking for the Nervous’
Acted in the role of Life Coach at Bamford Spa, Daylesford Organic for over a year.
Award-winning business (award sponsored by HSBC bank in the UK)
Writing has features in ‘The Huffington Post,’ ‘Mind Body Green,’ ‘Tiny Buddha,’ ‘Chopra,’ ‘TUT, Notes From the Universe,’ ‘Life Hack,’ ‘The Muse’ and others.
HOW WE CAN WORK TOGETHER – Coaching
I work with thoughtful people who are willing and able to feel responsible for their own actions.
Currently, I offer 1-on-1 coaching sessions via phone, ZOOM or Skype, which you can do from anywhere in the world.
For under eighteens we have sessions workshop style with a parent. For over 18s coaching sessions are 1-1.
If you would like to talk about the possibility of working together please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can set up a tea break chat to see if we are a good match for coaching together.
HOW WE CAN WORK TOGETHER – Copywriting
I work with coaches, creating sales copy and content for their coaching practice. We start off by working on a smaller project together and then can progress to a full copy partnership where for a monthly payment I provide an agreed amount of copy and content for your coaching practice.
FUN, MISCELLANEOUS FACTS
- My office companion is a very loving rescue dog from The Dog’s Trust. She’s a flat-coated retriever cross with all the tail wagging happiness that I could ever wish for.
- I have played the lead in two amateur musicals- ‘Dazzle’ and the Irving Berlin musical ‘Call Me Madam.’ I am now going for singing lessons after years of not singing.
- I used to know how to navigate a ship (who knows, it might be like riding a bike?).
- I grew up watching movies from the 1930s to 1950s. My favourites then were ‘Pillow Talk’ with Doris Day and ‘Some Like it Hot.’
- My favourite holidays are cottage holidays in Norfolk.
- I love to be inside when it’s raining outside as it feels so cosy.
- I take ballet classes six days a week.
- I once had a job in the education department of an aircraft museum and love vintage planes and cars.
- I order too many books from the library with the optimistic hope that I will find time to read them all. At the moment I am reading a lot of children’s crime novels and hope to write one one day.
- I love roses, velvet, good perfume and excellent chocolate.
- My patronus is a black and white cat and I am in Hufflepuff.
- I’m INFJ on Myers Brigg.
- I don’t drink alcohol because I don’t enjoy it and don’t swear much. I would never get a job as a pirate.
- I cook healthy food from books like ‘Deliciously Ella.’
- I got rid of PCOS through changing diet and exercise.
- I LOVE law of attraction and my favourite teachers of this are Jess Lively and Jeannette Maw.
- Coaching and copywriting are my super-powers. I don’t wear the cape for sessions, as it seems a little formal. It has a C on the back, of course.