Hello! I’m Deborah Chalk, and I’m an experienced Martha Beck Certified Life Coach, trained and experienced career coach, qualified teacher and a writer. I live in Oxfordshire in England with my lovely husband, amazing daughter and lovely rescue pupster.
I’m a confidence coach for people who want to believe in themselves enough to do the things that they are meant to do. (things that excite and delight them and get them to spring out of bed in the morning.)
Martha Beck Certified Life Coach
Certificate in Life Coaching (National College of Further Education, UK)
M.A. (Hons) English and Philosophy
B.A. (Hons) in Creative Writing and Art History
Postgraduate Certificate in Education
Qualified Teacher status
Trained career coach
Trained two cohorts of career coaches.
Collaborated with Soho House in two workshops – ‘Writing Confidence’ and ‘Networking for the Nervous’
Acted in the role of Life Coach at Bamford Spa, Daylesford Organic for over a year.
Award-winning business (award sponsored by HSBC bank in the UK)
Writing has features in ‘The Huffington Post,’ ‘Mind Body Green,’ ‘Tiny Buddha,’ ‘Chopra,’ ‘TUT, Notes From the Universe,’ ‘Life Hack,’ ‘The Muse’ and others.
HOW WE CAN WORK TOGETHER
I work with thoughtful people who are willing and able to feel responsible for their own actions.
Currently, I offer 1-on-1 coaching sessions via phone, ZOOM or Skype, which you can do from anywhere in the world.
If you would like to talk about the possibility of working together please email me at email@example.com and we can set up a tea break chat to see if we are a good match for coaching together.
FUN, MISCELLANEOUS FACTS
- My office companion is a very loving rescue dog from The Dog’s Trust. She’s a flat coated retriever cross with all the tail wagging happiness that I could ever wish for.
- I have played the lead in two amateur musicals- ‘Dazzle’ and the Irving Berlin musical ‘Call Me Madam.’ I am now going for singing lessons after years of not singing.
- I used to know how to navigate a ship (who knows, it might be like riding a bike?).
- I grew up watching movies from the 1930s to 1950s. My favourites then were ‘Pillow Talk’ with Doris Day and ‘Some Like it Hot.’
- My favourite holidays are cottage holidays in Norfolk.
- I love to be inside when it’s raining outside as it feels so cosy.
- I take ballet classes six days a week.
- I once had a job in the education department of an aircraft museum and love vintage planes and cars.
- I order too many books from the library with the optimistic hope that I will find time to read them all. At the moment I am reading a lot of children’s crime novels and hope to write one one day.
- I love roses, velvet, good perfume and excellent chocolate.
- My patronus is a black and white cat and I am in Hufflepuff.
- I’m INFJ on Myers Brigg.
- I don’t drink alcohol because I don’t enjoy it and don’t swear much. I would never get a job as a pirate.
- I cook healthy food from books like ‘Deliciously Ella.’
- I got rid of PCOS through changing diet and exercise.
- I LOVE law of attraction and my favourite teachers of this are Jess Lively and Jeannette Maw.
- Coaching and copywriting are my super-powers. I don’t wear the cape for sessions, as it seems a little formal. It has a C on the back, of course.