Hello! I’m Deborah Chalk, and I’m an experienced Martha Beck Certified Life Coach, trained and experienced career coach, qualified teacher and a writer. I live in Oxfordshire in England with my lovely husband, amazing daughter and lovely rescue pupster.
I’m a life coach for people who are fed up of going faster to fit more into an already demanding schedule. Trying to do ‘all the things’ is wearing them down and they’re getting tired of doing things the hard way. They want to feel calmer, less rushed and more inspired so that they have better results with less work.
I am also a copywriter for successful coaches and a writing coach. I help people rock their words, so they can keep their eyes on the big picture of their businesses. In my writing coaching I help people believe in their own creativity and write the words they’re meant to write.
Martha Beck Certified Life Coach
Certificate in Life Coaching (National College of Further Education, UK)
M.A. (Hons) English and Philosophy
B.A. (Hons) in Creative Writing and Art History
Postgraduate Certificate in Education
Qualified Teacher status
Trained career coach
Has trained two cohorts of career coaches.
Has coached and mentored many coaches.
Has provided copywriting services to highly successful coaches.
Award-winning business (award sponsored by HSBC bank in the UK)
Has written for many well-known websites.
HOW WE CAN WORK TOGETHER
I work with kind creative people who are willing and able to feel responsible for their own actions.
Currently, I offer 1-on-1 coaching sessions via phone, ZOOM or Skype, which you can do from anywhere in the world.
If you would like to talk about the possibility of working together please email me at email@example.com
FUN, MISCELLANEOUS FACTS
- My office companion is a very loving rescue dog from The Dog’s Trust. She’s a flat coated retriever cross with all the tail wagging happiness that I could ever wish for.
- I have played the lead in two amateur musicals- ‘Dazzle’ and the Irving Berlin musical ‘Call Me Madam.’
- I used to know how to navigate a ship (who knows, it might be like riding a bike?).
- I grew up watching movies from the 1930s to 1950s. My favourites then were ‘Pillow Talk’ with Doris Day and ‘Some Like it Hot.’
- My favourite holidays are cottage holidays in Norfolk.
- I love to be inside when it’s raining outside as it feels so cosy.
- I take ballet classes six days a week.
- I once had a job in the education department of an aircraft museum and love vintage planes and cars.
- I order too many books from the library with the optimistic hope that I will find time to read them all. At the moment I am reading a lot of children’s crime novels and hope to write one one day.
- I love roses, velvet, good perfume and excellent chocolate.
- My patronus is a black and white cat and I am in Hufflepuff.
- I’m INFJ on Myers Brigg.
- I don’t drink alcohol because I don’t enjoy it and don’t swear much. I would never get a job as a pirate.
- I cook healthy food from books like ‘Deliciously Ella,’ and I don’t eat meat or dairy.
- I got rid of PCOS through changing diet and exercise.
- I LOVE law of attraction and my favourite teachers of this are Jess Lively and Jeannette Maw.
- Coaching and copywriting are my super-powers. I don’t wear the cape for sessions, as it seems a little formal. It has a C on the back, of course.