1. ‘The Artist’s Way’ by Julia Cameron – not just for artists, this programme in book form is a primer in starting to look after yourself.
2. ‘Steady Days’ by Jamie C. Martin – great for those with very little ones at home and home-schoolers, helping you bring order to your day.
3. ‘Replenish’ by Lisa Grace Byrne MPH – beautifully written and very practical guide.
4. ‘Buddhism for Mothers’ by Sarah Naphali – the whole of this series is great and you definitely don’t need to be buddhist to benefit from these.
5.’Momma Zen, Walking the Crooked Path of Motherhood.’ – essays that will touch your heart and help you to feel really understood. Her writing is fabulous and soulful so it would be worth checking out her other books too.
6. ‘Peaceful Parent, Happy Kids’ by Dr Laura Markham – a great place to start learning about conscious parenting.
7. ‘Self Compassion’ by Kristen Neff PhD – for when you are telling yourself you are not doing a ‘good enough’ job.
8. ‘Eat Nourish Glow’ by Amelia Freer – this British nutritionist makes healthy nutrition understandable and I love how chic the book is.
9. ‘Mother’s Guide to Self-Renewal: How to Reclaim, Rejuvenate and Re-Balance Your Life’ and ‘Nurturing the Soul of Your Family: 10 Ways to Reconnect and Find Peace in Everyday Life’ by Renee Peterson Trudeau (Author)
10. ‘Sink Reflections’ by Marla Cilley, The Fly Lady – for when your house is getting you down.
I’d love to know if you have any recommendations. Let me know in the comments below. Also let me know if you would like a follow up. I am a cookie monster for this type of book.